Sunday, May 11, 2008







We laid my Grandpa to rest yesterday. We heard back from his hematologist who extended his condolences but also let us know that Grandpa's blood marrow had stopped producing blood. Also, tests indicated bone cancer. He would have had about a month left and it would have been a very bad one. I really hate cliches, especially after the last 6 weeks, but it does put a spin on Working in Mysterious Ways. Our family is just sad. People who have gone through this before spoke of a terrible let down when it's over. They are so right. I know before long, my schedule will fill up with wonderful things, but just now, I can only think of the void of time that I will not be spending with my Grandpa. What to do without the twice daily visits to the hospital. I know he hated the hospital, but I miss the idea of him not being available for me to see. Such a cheerful happy person, there should be more people like him.

Our last day with him was Tuesday and he was very lucid and aware. Soo thankful to everyone and was able to say his goodbyes and let others say theirs. He was at peace with everything. I left the hospital for some sleep at 8pm and awoke in the middle of the night. I went back up at 2am and sat with him until he passed just after 4. It was without pain and still the hardest thing I've ever done. I was very glad to have that chance. I will post some other pics of him. He was really a super guy and I miss him terribly.

1 comment:

  1. you are lucky to have had him and he, you. what a legacy to leave to be missed so much! hope my kids and grandkids can say the same of me someday... love you!

    ReplyDelete