Saturday, June 7, 2008

Dog Days

So we got a puppy. We worked with a rescue group called Duffy's Friends and many evenings on Petfinder.com. We saw our puppy's posting and I e-mailed right away. The representative called within a few hours and said the lady who was fostering the puppy had 4 too many dogs and asked if we'd like to foster the puppy and then if we felt he was a good fit for us, we could adopt him. And so within a few hours, we had a puppy. They found him on the side of a country road traveling, Homeward Bound style, with a Opossum. He had very bad kennel cough and needed some serious meds but he has recovered and has retained his name, "Possum." I have never owned a dog before and find it fun but a lot of work. He was not quite housebroken so the first week was very similar to potty training a toddler. Always know where they are and what they're doing. But we are progressing along nicely and I am amazed at how often a puppy needs to go tinkle and I'm very thankful we have hardwoods.

Where's the pictures? you may ask. Sadly, I am still shooting on film, since my digital camera broke a few months ago. I can't seem to decide which camera I would like. But rest assured, I will try to decide soon so this process is not so incredibly slow. If I remember, I will try to get a picture of my indignant cats, who have yet to forgive us for bringing Possum into our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment