Saturday, July 26, 2008

Oh, Possum

So many people have asked about Possum I think I'll make a post just for him. He is growing like a weed. The other day I thought I would give him a bone as a treat.(Aren't I nice?) So I gave him a Nylabone, recommended by vets. It's plastic of some sorts but says it's digestible.(Scary) He was happily chewing away for about 15 minutes when I looked over and couldn't see the bone anymore. I walked over in time to see him finish chewing and swallowing something, but couldn't tell what. I looked around for the bone but there was not even a speck of it anywhere. I called the vet to see if it was even possible for him to have actually eaten the nylabone whole and they seemed so incredulous. They were sure he hid it someplace and I just missed it. I, however, believed my brilliant dog has eaten this 5 inch plastic bone and am now convinced that sometime that night or early the next day will have to take Possum to the emergency vet and pay sooo much money to have it surgically removed. But the night passed and the next day and all systems were functional. I was waiting for him to turn into a very sick puppy but I guess his tummy is pretty strong. It's been almost a week and he's fine, yet we still haven't found the bone. So Possum will not be getting another one of those.

Besides trying to eat inappropriate things, he is doing well. Though he is still nippy with me more than anyone else. Puppy classes start today so hopefully that will help. I am trying to assert my calm assertiveness and exude dominance, but somehow Possum isn't picking up on my calm assertiveness. So here's hoping he can become a always lovable, non nipping puppy soon. I'll post some pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment