Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My Suspicious Absence

Besides that last, overtired attempt at poetry, my blogs have been somewhat silent lately.  I can explain...our computer died a fast, but permanent, irreversible, ugly death.  We had asked much from this computer, and weighed it down heavily with my super large photo files and the like.  It is dead, like a doorknob.  My dear Uncle tried to revive it enough to salvage some files.  A valiant effort to be sure but unsuccessful.  I lost only about a month or so of photos, the rest were backed up elsewhere.  And some business files that I'm hoping I can recreate, at least the current years data is easy enough to retrace.  Last years not so much.  I had printed a copy of expenses for my tax lady, THANK GOD! I'm sure there are many other things that I lost that I'm not aware of yet.  So all in all it was a valuable lesson in making sure to back up files adequately.

It also gives us an opportunity to purchase a new one, which I am uber-excited about.  It should be here Friday, which really highlights my need for instant gratification since I am just itching for it to arrive.  In the meantime, we are working off of a very old computer that takes 10 minutes to open another browser window.  But at least I can still function.  However, I absolutely cannot put any more pics on this computer since it is already telling me daily that 'You are VERY LOW on disk space'(emphasis mine, but I swear I can hear it yelling at me!).  So no new recipe reviews, no new pics of my very mobile baby and her first tooth.  No pics of the 4 days worth of snow outside.  Sigh, I will be patient, I will be patient.

But in other news, I am now the Aquinas JV Volleyball coach.   Happily, Aquinas Institute hired Mike Harnden and me as a coaching pair.  Something I was hoping for, but the number of programs able to do this was very small.  We toured the very impressive facilities last week.  Very different from Naz in that there were a lot of boys around.  But beyond that, I'm excited at the possibilities and am really hoping more than a few of my kids decide to come there so we can finish what we started.  I am still having trouble switching allegiances, after all, I did spend 11 years with Aquinas as a rival!  But I will manage. 

So no new pics but let me dredge some up from the archives of this computer...
The first one above is Denver and Willa shortly after we brought Willa home. These ones are of long weekend Wayne and I took in the Bahamas while obviously preggo with Willa.  Would really love to do that again!!   And we found that Starfish ourselves just walking along the beach one morning! 
And below is little Willa in a ball cart and Denver, the last time she was chubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment