Friday, January 23, 2009

*#@!!@#%*

So last night when we went to bed, I noticed a strange bubble like thing on our wall behind our bed. I said to Wayne, "Hey, what's that?" He said, "Looks like a bubble."(Our nighttime conversations are so full of high intellect!) So after poking it a bit I said, "What do you want to do?" To which he said, "I don't want to have to think about it right now." I said, "OK, I think we should ignore it then."

Not that it would have made a difference, but that was probably the wrong choice. After checking the area again this morning, I did not like the feeling and went to the basement to find a 5 ft. puddle on the floor directly beneath our bedroom. This is not the first time we have had a leak in this particular area. And if you've talked with me about our lovely house you probably know that I live in daily fear of more plumbing leaks. Thankfully my wonderful Dad was here and helped me turn off the water to the upstairs and the leak stopped. But we knew what we would have to do and when Wayne got home, he started ripping apart the completely saturated drywall that we had just freshly painted in my very peaceful feeling bedroom. What's worse than the fact that the leak is behind a wall, is the fact that it seems to be between the ceiling of our bedroom and the floor of the bathroom upstairs making it nearly impossible to reach it without at once ripping into our wall and the floor upstairs. So this looks like it will be our weekend.






















I must say that this is one of many stressful things that have recently popped up on our radar. None of them being all that terrible. The leak will get fixed and I will again have a peaceful bedroom. It's one of those things that happens that you say, "Could have done without that!"

1 comment:

  1. oh babe. i'm sorry. it sucks. we have bubbling in our bathroom paint and around the window from all the ice on the roof running back down into the wall. sucks and blows. :-)

    ReplyDelete