Monday, July 19, 2010

The Last of the Vacation Pics(I'm almost positive)

So I need to wrap up our vacation retrospect.  If for no other reason but that life keeps happening.  And there are pictures to go with these current events that refuse to wait.  So here, one last time, are some vacation pics and a few stories to accompany them...

This is Sue.  She is my Almost SIL's Mom.  Many thanks for her help with the baby especially.  Her husband spooked Adalyn at first.  I'm not sure why, but it might be that he was 10 times the height of her.  She would run one way until she spotted Ron and then you could almost hear her put on the brakes.  By the end of the week she had stopped running away and even bestowed some shy smiles on him.

My Mom kayaking!  My Mom is not a fan of water but had a fun "trying new things" attitude that week and this was on her list.  Actually, there was a quiet wildlife reserve that we paddled out to.  Tall reeds full of birds.  On the bank we saw a snake working on a meal of I-know-not-what.  We also glimpsed an otter of some sort.


It seems a tradition to bury Tyler so here are my brother's 4 lovelies burying their brother.

The Napping Pictures

Adalyn was sick for the first few days; a low grade fever, no appetite, crabby, crabby, crabby!  Her first visit to the ocean and she pooped out on us.  I can see just looking at her face that she wasn't feeling well.  When she finally kicked it, she was like anew baby.  So much better.

Who doesn't like to curl up with a couple dolls?

On our brief trip to the boardwalk, Willa conked out within minutes.  She was running on empty all week!







Other Favorite Pics

Denver seemed to be entertaining herself for a while when I snapped this pic.  I could hear her voice but couldn't quite make out her words.  I snuck closer and heard her orchestrating contests between waves about which one was going to win by making it on shore first.  That's my first born, she thinks she can direct anything and anyone!



I love this pic b/c the wave is so close to crashing behind her and she has no idea!  Waves were not tons of fun for Willa.  Her little 40 lbs. body was intimidated by the greatness of the ocean waves.

Goggle Girl!
She wore these goggles all the way down to the OCean.  Then when we opened the door to get out, she took them off and handed them to me.  Honestly don't know what that girl is thinking sometimes!

At the house hangin'.

I took these our last day at the beach.  She was happy as long as we were holding her.  Eventually I took her back to the house to hang out with Gran.

I was trying to get a shot of the 3 of them together on the beach but Adalyn was balling so profusely I could only take one from behind.  Ah, well.  There were quite a few shots I didn't get, but you can't get them all.

So that concludes my vacation posts but forgive me if a few pics creep up here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment