Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Parasailing

During our stay in sunny lovely, VA Beach,  a few from our party decided to show their bravery by going parasailing.  I prefer more subtle ways to show my bravery(like with my feet firmly planted on the ground) so  I rode the boat as a photographer only.

It was rather neat the way they did everything from the boat.  Harnessing and then speeding off and the riders gently gliding to the top.

Altogether we had 7 riders.  Above is Mikayla and Mikey-Poo, who I'm pretty sure is using some colorful language at the moment this shot was taken.  You could choose to be 'dipped' if you wanted.  When they explained this, they said they would dip your toes in...

This looks like a tad more than toes to me, but the kids enjoyed it.

And Now, the Moment You've All Been Waiting For...Proof that My Parents Parasailed.  Shocking all their children and grandchildren for sure!








Everyone enjoyed the parasailing, although not everyone enjoyed the boat ride over choppy waves.  I don't want to mention any names(Kurt, Mom) but a couple individuals may have tossed their cookies overboard.  I can't poke too much fun since I was not too far behind them if the ride had not ended when it did.

Mikayla even got to drive the boat back to shore and I'm not saying that contributed to anyone's seasickness or anything.  I'm just throwing the possibility out there.

It was fun to watch but reminded me that my stomach may not be cut out for a speedboat.  Wayne had already parasailed before so he stayed on shore with Adalyn.  The girls rode the boat with us and seemed to like the ride, although by the end they were so quiet I wondered if they would join the 'toss your cookies club.'
  But their tummies held and we came home on shaky but happy legs.

2 comments:

  1. YaHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO for my sister !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun! love that your parents did this too! :-)

    ReplyDelete