Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 2

Tonight I am thankful for our win in the semi-finals round of our Section of NYS.  Finals will be on Friday, where I hope to be thankful then as well.  It's been an interesting year at the varsity level.  Since we were combining 2 different programs we had a lot of bodies.  Of course, not all Nazareth kids came to Aquinas, but a solid group of them did.  Altogether we have 13 Seniors.  13. Seniors.  Needless to say I won't be keeping much of my starters on JV next year.  I was nervous at the prospect of so many adolescent girls.  Together.  16 in all.  Mind you, we can only play 6 at a time.  But they have worked hard and are a solid cohesive team, with few squabbles.  So tonight, I am thankful for them and their success.  For the ones I've coached since Jr. High, how satisfying it is to see them now, for the ones I missed out on and only get to enjoy this one year, it's been a heck of a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment