Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 3

Tonight, hands down, I am thankful that it is my last night as a 'single parent.'  Wayne comes home tomorrow for good and not a moment too soon.  This traveling husband routine got old rather fast but for a big chunk of it, I was so heavily involved with my own volleyball team that my mind was occupied.  Now that my team has ended(although Varsity continues to rock on), I find that I have 'spare mental time.'  And upon reflection I have come to a few conclusions...

I miss him.  For all the obvious reasons like help with the kids, and taking the trash out on Tuesdays(something that seems to vex me still, even when he put reminders on my calendar).

I miss him when I'm all jacked up on adrenaline from a game, but have no one to help me decompress and ramble on the way I do sometimes on the way to lala-land.

I miss him on Wednesdays, when no matter what I do, there seems to be a gazillion melt downs and everyone is so unhappy that he is not here.

I miss him at work, where we usually can communicate many times during the day or just glance up to catch each others' eyes.

I miss him when my feet are cold in bed.  Why do they take so long to warm  up?

We have missed him so terribly while trying to pretend that we were fine.  And I am so, so thankful that tomorrow, on Denver's 8th birthday, we won't have to miss him anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Well, other than the cold feet thing, I'm especially glad to be home too!!!

    ReplyDelete